The death of 26-year-old Alexis Robinault, also known as Alexis Sharkey, seized the country after his body was found on the side of West Houston Road on Saturday.
An investigation into his death is still ongoing. There are five things you need to know about Robinault as the case progresses:
1. Robinault was an influencer on social media, with tens of thousands of followers on Instagram, where he posted on travel and organic beauty products. He also worked as a mentor at Monat skin and hair care company, ABC’s 13th friend, Tanya Ricardo, told KHOU she was a “social media queen” who “connects” to her phone and always responds to texts and calls. He said he knew something was wrong when he hadn’t posted on social media for more than 12 hours just before he disappeared.
2. He is originally from Pennsylvania. He moved to Houston in January and quickly made new friends, Ricardo told KHOU. His mother, Stacey Robinault, told ABC he thought his daughter had been murdered.
At HoustonChronicle.com: Friends, the family mourns a social media influencer who was found dead in Houston
“I think he was murdered. Yes. From what I was able to gather, as well as from the mother’s gut. As a mother, I learned at a very young age to trust the gut. It didn’t let me down,” she said. – We’re very smashed.
3. Her husband, Tom Sharkey, told KTRK that he was subjected to online attacks and death threats. He addressed the rumors in a November 29 Facebook post:
“You’re all ashamed of yourself! I helped MPs and phoned to find out what happened to my wife. Next time … stop and think! And notice! You don’t know everything!”
4. Robinault’s friends created a Go Fund Me account to cover his family’s travel and funeral expenses, Ricardo told KHOU. The $ 15,000 target was already exceeded Wednesday morning.
5. A memorial is planned for him on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 5:30 p.m. in Buffalo Bayou Park.