Former Commander-in-Chief of Cyber ​​Security Plans Legal Action After Lawyer Trump Shoots


Former cyber security chief Chris Krebs has suggested taking legal action against the Trump campaign after Joe diGenova, Trump’s lawyer, called for the former official to be shot.

In an interview with Today On the show, Krebs said his team was “exploring all our options” after diGenova, the president’s re-election campaign lawyer, called on the former director of the Cyber ​​Security and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). drawn and quartered, except at dawn and shot. “

Although he was once appointed by Trump, Krebs recently fell short of the favor of President Donald Trump and his team for contradicting the campaign’s allegations of unfounded electoral fraud during the presidential election.

DiGenova is the latest Trump ally to criticize a former Homeland Security official, calling him a “Class A fool” in Monday’s episode of Newsmax. Howie Carr Show before proposing to be shot.

“It’s certainly more dangerous language, more dangerous behavior,” Krebs responded Tuesday. “The way I look at it is that we’re a nation of laws, and I plan to take advantage of those laws. I have an exceptional team of lawyers that will win in court, and I think they’re probably busy, too.”

Asked if he was worried about his safety, Krebs said, “I’m not going to give you the benefit of knowing how I react to that. But they know there are things.”

Christopher Krebs, Director of the Department of Cyber ​​Security and Infrastructure Security at the Department of Homeland Security, will address the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 14, 2019. Krebs threatened legal action after Trump’s campaign lawyer recently called for the former official to be shot.
Tasos Katopodis / Stringer

Lifelong Republican Krebst Trump fired him on Twitter last month after issuing a statement through CISA calling the election “the safest in American history.”

“There is no evidence that any voting system has canceled or lost its votes, changed its votes, or been compromised in any way,” the statement reads.

Trump called the statement “very inaccurate” in a Krebst kicking tweet.

“There have been huge irregularities and frauds – including the voting of the dead, public opinion inspectors not being allowed into polling stations,‘ mistakes ’in the voting machines that changed … the votes from Trump to Biden, late voting and much more,” Trump tweeted.

The Trump campaign continued to make unsubstantiated allegations that the election was stolen as a result of widespread voter fraud, and sued key battlefield states to try to overthrow the election result. But these lawsuits largely failed due to a lack of evidence.

Newsweek contacted diGenova’s law firm and the Trump campaign to comment, but had not heard of it before publication.