Prince Harry says “toxic” British media has forced him and Meghan to leave the royal family


London – Britain’s “toxic” media has prompted Prince Harry and Meghan, the Sussex princess, to leave the royal family for the United States, Harry said in an extensive interview with his British counterparts and TV presenter. James Corden that it was given on Thursday night.

Sitting on the open-top bus sipping tea while driving around Los Angeles, compatriots talked about everything from media intrusion to the popular Netflix “The Crown” series.

Harry also discussed what would happen to his family’s future after the couple finalized their royal exit last week.

“We all know what the British press can be like and it ruined my mental health,” Harry said in an interview with “The Late Late Show With James Corden”.

“It’s toxic,” he added, saying the media had created a “really difficult” environment for the couple.

“So I did what every husband and dad would do – I have to get my family out of here,” she said.

Just over a year after the couple first announced they were “stepping back” from their royal duties, Buckingham Palace said last Friday that the division had been finalized.

“While we are all saddened by his decision, The Prince and Princess remain very beloved members of the family,” the statement said.

But although the couple would not return as a working member of the royal family, Harry maintained that “they never left.”

“As far as I am concerned, whatever decision is made on this site, I will never leave. I always agree, but my life is a civil service, so wherever I am in the world, it will be the same,” he said.

Download NBC News to fully cover the coronavirus outbreak

The final break ends a dramatic journey for the couple, whose fairytale wedding ended quickly amid rumors of a brotherly rupture and tabloid attack that Meghan’s adherents often mingled with racist harassment and harassment.

The couple moved to California with their son, Archie, last year to live a more independent life, and it was announced on Valentine’s Day that they were expecting their second child.

They have made multi-million deals with media companies Spotify and Netflix, and in March they will give an “extensive” interview to media mogul Oprah Winfrey.

Earlier this month, Meghan won a privacy lawsuit against a British media company that released parts of a letter she wrote to her estranged father, Thomas Markle. He said in court records that the intrusion caused “very real sadness” and damaged relations.

In the Corden interview, Harry said he disputed the false news reported as a fact, compared to the TV show “The Crown,” which is “obviously fiction.”

“I feel a lot better with the‘ Crown ’than I see stories written about my family, my wife or myself,” he said.

“They don’t pretend to be news – it’s fictional, but loosely based on the truth,” he added, noting that the show “gave a rough picture” of the pressures of royal life.

This contradicts some British historians and legislators who sought to clarify the series, its decoration and the exaggerations of the Windsor family, amid fears that it could tarnish the reputation of the royal family.

During the light-hearted, late-night interview, presenter Corden also took Harry to visit the home where the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” TV show was filmed. Corden, a video call to the Princess of Sussex, asked the couple to buy the property.

“I think we’ve moved enough,” Meghan replied.

Harry also revealed that his grandmother, II. Queen Elizabeth bought a waffle maker for her son, Archie, at Christmas, and that both her husband and Prince Philip knew how to make a phone call with Zoom.

The 94-year-old queen on Thursday urged the British public to follow suit and vaccinate themselves against Covid-19, saying the jab was “very fast” and “fairly harmless” and would benefit society.

Both the Queen and the 99-year-old Prince of Philip, who is currently in a London hospital being treated for an unspecified infection, received a Covid-19 vaccine in January.