My husband asked for a huge sugary cookie for his birthday. I wanted to do something more exciting than a birthday cookie, so I came up with this sugary cookie cake. The secret to the dense yet peach-like texture is to make sure you don’t overbake the cake. – Carmell Childs, Orangeville, Utah
Preparation: 20 minutes. Baking: 20 minutes. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1 / 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups universal flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box (16 ounces) of vanilla icing
- Optional: coarse sugar, sprinkles and additional icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 °. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk in flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; is added alternately with sour cream to the creamy mixture, beating after each addition until mixed. Grease a 13×9 mold. tepsi.
- Bake until the toothpick in the middle is clean and detaches for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on the grill. Spread the top on top. Decorate as you like.
1 piece: 295 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate (29 g sugar, 1 g fiber), 3 g protein.