The appellate court ruled Trump would buy military money against the wall


HOUSTON (AP) – The Federal Court of Appeals ruled on Friday that the lower court had erroneously barred the Trump administration from taking $ 3.6 billion from military construction projects on a border wall.

A panel of the 5th U.S. District Court of Appeals said El Paso County and the nonprofit human rights border network had no right to challenge the diversion of President Donald Trump’s funds from more than 100 military construction projects, including a $ 20 million road project in the city. base. The Court of Appeal found that neither the County nor the Border Network had demonstrated that Trump’s action would have directly harmed him. The court reversed the December 2019 verdict David Briones is an American District Judge.

Trump raised roughly $ 6 billion in military funds announced in a national emergency in early 2019 after Congress refused to fully fund its wall funding needs, resulting in the longest shutdown in history.

President-elect Joe Biden has pledged to end this national emergency, although the Trump administration has closed construction contracts funding and has already built many new wall sections on the south-western border.

The U.S. Supreme Court has already agreed to review another decision on the use of military construction funds. The U.S. 9th District Court of Appeals had previously agreed with a coalition of border states and environmental groups that the money transfer was illegal and that building the wall posed environmental hazards.

In a Friday 5th order, he said he disagreed with District 9’s decision and “refuses to abide”.