- Sidney Powell recently picked up nationwide news about widespread and unfounded allegations against President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.
- Powell was a federal prosecutor hired last year to represent national security adviser Michael Flynn.
- Powell challenged the integrity of the presidential election with a number of high-profile statements, speaking to the media and at a press conference with members of the Trump campaign legal team.
- Although the Trump campaign legal team has publicly distanced itself from Powell, it recently announced that it has filed two election lawsuits in Georgia and Michigan.
- Visit the Business Insider website for more news.
Attorney Sidney Powell recently made headlines with his unfounded demands questioning the integrity of the presidential election.
The former federal prosecutor was hired last year to represent President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn.
Although the Trump campaign legal team publicly broke away from Powell last week and said it was “not a member of the Trump Legal Team,” Powell announced last week that it had filed an election lawsuit against Georgia and Michigan.
Here’s an overview of Powell’s legal and political path and where his unfounded claims of election fraud began.
Powell did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request to comment on this story.