The University of Maryland presents plans for the spring semester


Students at the University of Maryland College Park will continue hybrid teaching and learning in the spring.

Students at the University of Maryland College Park will continue their hybrid education and learning until the spring semester.

About 25% of the courses will be held in person and the remaining 75% will be online, University President Darryll J. Pines said in a letter to the school community.

“As we did in the fall, the first two weeks of university training – with a few exceptions – will be conducted entirely online. This allows us to do testing and initially restrict movement in the midst of our denser campus, ”Pines said.

Before returning to college, students should also be tested for a coronavirus negative test. And all students, faculty, and staff must take a COVID-19 test every two weeks.

The spring semester is scheduled to begin on January 25th.

As for the spring break – which runs from March 14 to 21 – students can take a break, but the two-week classes immediately after the spring break will be online.

“This will allow the university to take large-scale campus-level tests before resuming personal classes,” Pines said.

Following the spring break beginning March 22, students, faculty, and staff arriving at the university will be required to attend a nine-day campus-level test event.

The end of the spring semester is expected on May 11th.


More coronavirus news

Looking for more information? DC, Maryland and Virginia release more data every day. Visit Virginia official sites Maryland | DC


I like the WTOP on Facebook and follow it @WTOP on Twitter to have a conversation about this article and others.

You can sign up here to receive the latest news and daily news in your email inbox.

© 2020 WTOP. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users within the European Economic Area.