The vandals reached the black churches of DC during the Trump-Party rallies

A video posted on Twitter showed a group of men appearing to take off a BLM board at the Metropolitan AME Church while others in the crowd shout, “Whose streets? Our streets. Another video showed people pouring an accelerator on a BLM banner and setting it on fire on the street while others cheer for the antifat. Someone goes up about a minute later and puts out the flames using a fire extinguisher.

“It hurt especially when I saw our name, Asbury, in flames,” Reverend Dr. Ianther M. Mills, chief pastor of Asbury Church, said in a statement on Sunday. “For me, it reminded me of the burning of the cross. Seeing this action in a video, I was outraged and determined to fight the evil that was lifting his ugly head.

“We are moving forward, unconvinced that black life is important, and we have a duty to constantly cry out this truth unceasingly,” he added.

The leaders of the Black Lives Matter organization rejected the attacks on the churches, partly due to the police’s mistake that the white superiors “could rage.”

April Goggans, chief organizer of the Black Lives Matter DC chapter, accused Bowser of “sitting quietly and comfortably in his home when Trump sends his guns to brutalize his citizens”. According to him, the mayor’s statement without meaningless action.

A DC police spokesman said Sunday he takes the crimes seriously and is actively investigating.

The incidents followed weekend rallies that supported Trump’s unfounded claim that he won the second cycle, leading to dozens of arrests, multiple stabs and injuries to police officers.

District Colombian police said nearly 30 people were arrested for a variety of crimes, ranging from assault to possession of weapons and resistance to arrests and riots. The violence erupted after Saturday sunset.

Four men were delayed around 10 p.m. after the downtown fight, police said. At least one suspect, 29-year-old Phillip Johnson of Washington, has been arrested on charges of an attack with a dangerous weapon. At least one of the victims identified Johnson as the stabbing, according to an Associated Press police report.

Eight police officers were also injured during the demonstrations, officials said.

Earlier rallies of mostly exposed Trump loyalists were meant to be a show of strength, barely two days before the Electoral College would convene to formally elect Democrat Joe Biden as 46th president. Trump, whose mandate expires on Jan. 20, refuses to let go while insisting on unfounded fraud claims that were denied by state and federal courts and, on Friday, by the Supreme Court.

Last month, a pro-Trump demonstration that drew 10 to 15,000 people into the capital also ended late Saturday night with scattered clashes between Trump’s allies and local activists near the White House near the Black Lives Matter Plaza.

On Saturday, police took further steps to keep the two sides apart, closing a wide area of ​​downtown from traffic and closing Black Lives Matter Plaza.

But although Saturday’s rallies, including in downtown Freedom Plaza, were smaller than on Nov. 14, a larger group of neo-fascist groups called the Proud Boys were convened, known to incite street violence. Some wore bulletproof vests as they marched through the city.

The group saw the profile rise in September after Trump famously told them in September to “stand back and stand out”.

After rallies ended, downtown Washington quickly evolved into a crowd of hundreds of proud boys and a combined force of antifa and local black activists – both sides seeking confrontation in an area flooded by police. At dusk, they faced several lines of city police and federal park police across the street, some with assault gear, separating them.