- Jim Troupis, President Donald Trump’s chief Wisconsin campaign lawyer, voted illegally.
- He asked the Dane County Canvassers Board to invalidate all missing ballot papers returned in person, a method the state offered to return ballot papers.
- Troupis and his wife both voted in absentia and even put their names on the show given to the board.
- The Trump campaign has so far won no election lawsuits it has launched since President-elect Joe Biden won.
- Visit the Business Insider website for more news.
President Donald Trump’s top Wisconsin campaign lawyer is trying to throw out his own vote, arguing it was illegal.
Attorney Jim Troupis has asked the Dane County Canvassers Board to invalidate all absent ballot papers submitted in person, according to documents obtained by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Both Troupis and his wife voted that way. Their names even appeared in exhibitions that he submitted to the board, according to the Journal Sentinel.
“I’m sure of that list,” he told the news agency.
According to instructions for absentee ballots mailed to Wisconsin voters, residents can return them with the signature of a witness or return them in person to the office of their municipal official before election day. If voters cast their ballots using the latter method, they also had to present a photo ID.
Troupis, a former Dane County judge, retired from his own legal practice in 2013 but seemed to return to the law to represent Trump’s campaign. His brother, Chris Troupis, also represents the Trump campaign, according to Law & Crime. Jim Troupis did not respond immediately to Insider’s comments.
The Trump campaign called for a recount in Dane and Milwaukee counties after President-elect Joe Biden won the state by more than 20,000 votes. The recount, which is expected to be completed before the December 1 certification deadline for ballot papers, has delayed the verification of votes, and the Trump campaign is using this delay to pose new challenges to invalidate votes.
The campaign also called on the Dane County Canvassers Board to invalidate personal early ballots, votes cast by people said to be limited indefinitely, missing ballots where clerks filled out part of the witness form, and mailings without writing. immediately traceable application according to the Journal Sentinel.
Trump and his allies have suffered huge losses in court so far, with zero victories out of the 22 lawsuits filed.