Trump lost the 2020 election. Since then, he has raised $ 207.5 million.


Even in his defeat, President Trump continued to raise money at one of the fastest rates of the year, pulling in $ 207.5 million in the month since election day with the Republican Party, while making unfounded demands for voter fraud to undermine the legitimacy of the election.

Mr. Trump’s campaign apparatus continues to aggressively solicit donations under the guise of supporting his various legal challenges with the election of Joseph R. Biden Jr., but 75 percent of the donations go to a new Political Action Committee set up in mid-November by the PAC for $ 5,000. to the legal limit. The other 25 percent goes to the Republican National Committee. Only if a donor donates more than $ 6,000 will any money go to Mr. Trump’s official “recount” account.

Your campaign did not provide details of the $ 207.5 million split. The funds will be split between Save the New United States, the RNC and the two committees run jointly by the party and the campaign, and with some money to pay off Mr Trump’s campaign debts.

“These huge fundraising figures show that President Trump remains the leader and energy source of the Republican Party,” said Bill Stepien, Mr. Trump’s campaign manager.

Mr. Trump, who did not officially recognize the 2020 race but began talking about running again in 2024, has repeatedly practically unsuccessfully challenged the presidential results in court.

In his statement, Mr Stepien added that the money “also positions President Trump to continue the fight to clean up the corrupt electoral process in many areas of the country and build on the profits of the 2020 elections to be recalled in 2022 based on a Senate majority. “

Mr Trump’s next political steps have been much debated by both parties, and his ongoing fundraising in the polls in the month following his loss will ensure that his new political operation, in whatever form, will continue to be adequately funded. You can use the new PAC to recruit staff and pay for political travel, such as the demonstration in Georgia on Saturday, where two election elections on January 5 will determine control of the U.S. Senate.

Some of Mr Trump’s fundraising requests have turned away from simply disputing the results of the November election. His campaign, for example, offered donors who gave $ 45 for an “iconic” Christmas ornament on Thursday (with a photo of Mr. Trump in a red cap and the caption “We say Merry Christmas again!”).

The announcement that it had raised $ 207.5 million in one month came with the last submission deadline for the Federal Election Commission’s 2020 competition, which runs from 15 October to 23 November. During this period, the RNC, Mr Trump’s campaign and their joint committees raised $ 495 million, campaign officials announced.

Some large donors contributed to Mr. Trump after election day, after November 5, roughly $ 5 million arrived in a joint account with the party for large contributors, including $ 150,000 from energy chief Kelcy Warren and $ 260,000 from his wife, Amy. on November 5, and $ 250,000 from Texas Kenny and Lisa Troutt on November 9.

The RNC report showed it ended the period with $ 58.8 million in cash – a large sum for a party at the end of a campaign. As Mr. Trump disputed the results at several venues, the party spent more than $ 6 million on legal bills, $ 1.4 million on the Jones Day law firm, $ 1.3 million on King & Spalding and more than $ 920,000 on Consovoy McCarthy.

The party’s largest spending was $ 42.4 million for a limited liability company, Digital Consulting Group, with a limited state headcount. The party made a third payment of $ 666,666 to Reuters News & Media Inc. for “legal proceedings” related to intellectual property, for a total of $ 2 million, which the party and the company had previously refused to discuss.

The submissions also showed that Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam Adelson, spent nearly $ 220 million on the casino magnate for the 2020 election, $ 90 million on the Trump-side super PAC, $ 70 million on the Senate GOP super PAC, and 50 million is the super PAC of the Republican House, and another million to various committees.