Tyson kicks out 7 after rehearsal to receive managers if workers get Covid-19 at Iowa plant

Tyson Foods has laid off seven employees at an Iowa pork farm after an independent investigation into allegations that management has vowed how many workers will be infected with Covid-19, the meat processing giant announced Wednesday.

All of those laid off were employees of plant management at the Waterloo facility in Iowa.

“We value our people and expect all members of the team, especially our leaders, to act impeccably and prudently in everything we do,” Dean Banks, President and CEO of Tyson Foods, said in a statement on Wednesday. “The behavior of these individuals does not represent Tyson’s core values, so we have taken immediate and appropriate steps to achieve the truth.”

Reception allegations stemming from an illegal death on behalf of the deceased employee of Tyson Foods Inc., Isidro Fernandez, stated that management did not do enough to protect employees while Covid-19 spread rapidly at the facility in early April.

According to the lawsuit, 1,000 of the 2,800 employees at the Waterloo plant were infected.

According to the lawsuit, the plant manager “organized a cash buy-in, winner-everyone bet group for supervisors and managers to bet on how many employees tested positive for COVID-19.”

After learning of the allegations, the company launched its own investigation, led by former attorney general Eric Holder and law firm Covington & Burling LLP, to investigate a possible betting round.

Tyson said Banks and others immediately went to Waterloo to meet with plant team members and community leaders “to reaffirm Tyson’s commitment to them and the community.” According to Banks, “he was very nervous to learn about the behavior in the charges, as we expect our leaders to treat all team members with the highest level of respect and integrity.” “

Tony Thompson, the black Hawk County sheriff, visited the Waterloo plant in the spring and said the conditions were so dire that they were “shaken” “according to the lawsuit to the extent of the lawsuit.

Tyson closed the plant after the outbreak, but reopened less than a month later.